Stop comparisons of Nazis and conservatives

The un-American, traitorous and defamatory comparisons between the Nazi Party and conservatives within America’s Republican Party have no place in this country’s political discourse. From leaders of the Democratic Party such as Al Gore to newspapers’ opinion pages, liberals have disgraced our democratic system by comparing their political opponents to opponents of the human race. Those on the political Right refrain from equivalent comparisons between Democrats and the Communist Party because they know such statements marginalize and disgrace the many millions who have suffered and died under the strong arm of totalitarianism and American soldiers who sacrificed their lives for freedom.

The analogy frequently made between Adolf Hitler and President Bush clearly crosses the line of common decency and neglects the fact that conservatives and liberals alike shed blood to defeat Nazism during World War II. At Georgetown University last June, former Vice President Al Gore referred to the president’s staff as Nazi “brown shirts.” Leading Democratic contributor George Soros has said, “When I hear Bush say, ‘You’re either with us or against us’ it reminds me of the Germans.” Moveon.org, heavily funded by Soros, featured two ads with the president morphing into Hitler. This desperate mode of attack stands antithetical to American values and illustrates a twisted train of thought by the Left’s lunatic fringe so deeply steeped in fantasy that only it can begin to understand or justify its politics of hate.

Al Gore, George Soros and other columnists can be proud to sit in the company of North Korea’s maniacal tyrant, Kim Jong ll. In August, the Communist mass murderer and enemy of freedom said, “Bush is a tyrant that puts Hitler into the shade and his group of such tyrants is a typical gang of political gangsters.” We now have an idea of which foreign leaders John Kerry says want him to be president. In November, voters must decide whether to vote for a party that shamelessly espouses the ludicrous and demented rhetoric of our enemies or a party deeply committed to preserving and promulgating freedom throughout our world.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at p.trombadore@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...