LETTER TO THE EDITOR

RE: Politics of the Environment lecture series

Something exceptional happened at the University of Miami campus Thursday, Oct. 7, and, though the event was open to the public, few people knew about it: Carol Browner, former EPA administrator, spoke about the role of government in protecting the environment – what has been attempted and accomplished and what is critically needed now and in the future. Her command of the facts was impressive, her enthusiasm infectious, her commitment contagious.

Yet, her audience was small. Almost nothing had been done to let the public know about an opportunity that offered little discussed but vital information for voters in the coming election. So – kudos to UM for hosting Ms. Browner as a guest lecturer, but, too, a plea for better promotion of such outstanding events in the future. Had the lecture been effectively promoted, the list of signatures of thanks and congratulations would be long.

Barbara Bell

Graduate alum

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...