POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. To protect your self be sure not to give personal information over the phone. Also, check your credit reposrt at least one a year.
If you are a victim of identity theft, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 28
2:23 a.m. 1221 Walsh Ave. Burglary

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 29
1:50 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 30
3:39 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft
11:40 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Assault

SATURDAY OCTOBER 2
12:33 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

SUNDAY OCTOBER 3
12:26 a.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Vandalism
2:55 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

MONDAY OCTOBER 4
6:32 p.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr. Burglary
1:35 p.m. 6100 San Amaro Dr. Theft from structure
6:12 p.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr. Theft from motor vehicle

TUESDAY OCTOBER 5
1:16 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
3:30 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft
6:22 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
7:48 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...