POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. To protect your self be sure not to give personal information over the phone. Also, check your credit reposrt at least one a year.
If you are a victim of identity theft, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 28
2:23 a.m. 1221 Walsh Ave. Burglary

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 29
1:50 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 30
3:39 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft
11:40 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Assault

SATURDAY OCTOBER 2
12:33 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

SUNDAY OCTOBER 3
12:26 a.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Vandalism
2:55 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

MONDAY OCTOBER 4
6:32 p.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr. Burglary
1:35 p.m. 6100 San Amaro Dr. Theft from structure
6:12 p.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr. Theft from motor vehicle

TUESDAY OCTOBER 5
1:16 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
3:30 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft
6:22 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
7:48 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

In singles play, the Hurricanes demonstrated strength at the top with both of their ranked players – ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Sunday at the 2018 A ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...