ART EXHIBIT House and Garden is a deep plunge into domesticity

“A dip in the deep end of domesticity” seems more like a deep plunge into a far concealed and gruesome sight of domesticity. Chad Abel offers his unique perspective on the theme “House and Garden” which titles his current exhibit at the OBJEX ARTSPACE gallery in the design district

Crude depictions of eviscerated barn and domestic animals constitute the trademark of the exhibit, boldly displayed as standing figures or hidden behind a muddle of contrasting colors in paintings. On canvas, the artist spreads bright yellows and rainbow patterns in delicate strokes that gradually turn more aggressive and sloppy. The frequent wild garden displays and colorful rugs of his paintings become grim and complement the sore looks and chocking poses of the models.

Abel conveys obscure messages through bright colors and transforms familiar scenes into hell-like dimensions occupied by none other than members of his family. He pries into his personal conflicts and uses the friction in his m

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...