FOREIGN POLICIES GUIDE CANDIDATE ON CANDIDATE

IRAQ

Kerry
Involve NATO, U.N. and Muslim countries in Iraq’s reconstruction; quickly train Iraqi security forces; fund and help set up free
elections. Withdraw troops from Iraq within four years.

Bush
Keep U.S. troops in Iraq to combat insurgents, establish security, rebuild infrastructure, and push for elections.

TERRORISM/AL QUEDA

Kerry
Take the fight to the terrorists by whatever means possible; don’t back down, and go after them with U.S. military, improved intelligence, and cooperation with key allies in the region.

Bush
Go after the terrorists with U.S. military; rebuild alliances and coordinate intelligence; promote democracy and freedom, and strive to end U.S. dependence on Middle-Eastern oil.

ALLIANCES/DIPLOMACY

Kerry
Reject unilateralism. Rebuild trust and cooperation with old allies, work more closely; consult with international organizations

Bush
Coordinate with allies to fight
terror and strengthen the global economy, but should the U.S. need to go at it alone, it will.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...