FOREIGN POLICIES GUIDE CANDIDATE ON CANDIDATE

IRAQ

Kerry
Involve NATO, U.N. and Muslim countries in Iraq’s reconstruction; quickly train Iraqi security forces; fund and help set up free
elections. Withdraw troops from Iraq within four years.

Bush
Keep U.S. troops in Iraq to combat insurgents, establish security, rebuild infrastructure, and push for elections.

TERRORISM/AL QUEDA

Kerry
Take the fight to the terrorists by whatever means possible; don’t back down, and go after them with U.S. military, improved intelligence, and cooperation with key allies in the region.

Bush
Go after the terrorists with U.S. military; rebuild alliances and coordinate intelligence; promote democracy and freedom, and strive to end U.S. dependence on Middle-Eastern oil.

ALLIANCES/DIPLOMACY

Kerry
Reject unilateralism. Rebuild trust and cooperation with old allies, work more closely; consult with international organizations

Bush
Coordinate with allies to fight
terror and strengthen the global economy, but should the U.S. need to go at it alone, it will.

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

The University of Miami basketball team was unable to overcome Virginia’s pack-line defense in a 59- ...

Even in signing a strong overall class, UM lost out on five defensive targets on National Signing Da ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

Redshirt freshman Alicia Blagg made quite an ACC Championships debut Friday night, capturing a gold ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play a pair of road matches in the Southwest this wee ...

University of Miami football player Deejay Dallas is an active member in the Hurricanes' Studen ...

Canes and Orange battle in noon game on CBS. ...