CD Review The Features Exhibit A

A surge of melodies and lyrical coos The Features, the new band from Universal Records, has a psychedelic sound that beats out the sounds. Rambunctious and lively, The Features are very much in the same genre as relatively new chart toppers Franz Ferdinand and Jet, evoking the same vocal sound. This similarity works to The Features advantage as the audience and want for edgy rock n’ roll is definitely evident in society.

Combined with quick to learn lyrics, hand clapping, and hard-edged drums and guitar, the band’s first full-length album, appropriately called Exhibit A, is an excellent debut in the music industry. Although the band does have similar sounds to some of the greats, The Features do have tracks that are fresh and original.

A group of four boys from Sparta, Tennessee, the tracks weave stories of pure fun and funk, troubles, and “The Idea of Growing Old”-a sweet song of the idea of growing old with someone. For comical value, “Me and the Skirts” is a song about courtship that ends in frustration and anger, a slight variation to guy gets the girl.

In general, The Features seem to have grasp on the real sense of rock n’ roll, an excellent start for a band who seems to be on the right path to stardom.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...