CD Review The Features Exhibit A

A surge of melodies and lyrical coos The Features, the new band from Universal Records, has a psychedelic sound that beats out the sounds. Rambunctious and lively, The Features are very much in the same genre as relatively new chart toppers Franz Ferdinand and Jet, evoking the same vocal sound. This similarity works to The Features advantage as the audience and want for edgy rock n’ roll is definitely evident in society.

Combined with quick to learn lyrics, hand clapping, and hard-edged drums and guitar, the band’s first full-length album, appropriately called Exhibit A, is an excellent debut in the music industry. Although the band does have similar sounds to some of the greats, The Features do have tracks that are fresh and original.

A group of four boys from Sparta, Tennessee, the tracks weave stories of pure fun and funk, troubles, and “The Idea of Growing Old”-a sweet song of the idea of growing old with someone. For comical value, “Me and the Skirts” is a song about courtship that ends in frustration and anger, a slight variation to guy gets the girl.

In general, The Features seem to have grasp on the real sense of rock n’ roll, an excellent start for a band who seems to be on the right path to stardom.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...