CD REVIEW Sahara Hotnights Kiss & Tell

Named one of Rolling Stones “10 Great New Bands” Sahara Hotnights are the new chic rocker chicks on the scene. Producing seventies style rock music with pop the quartet is hot.

Four young Scandinavian women who are bringing new style to the iconic look of old school groups such as Abba, Ace of Base, and the Cardigans, Sahara Hotnights are fusing new school with old school. Comprised of a vocalist, a drummer, a guitarist and her bass-playing sister, the four are an electrifying mix.

Bouncy and full of energy, Kiss & Tell is heavy with underground rock rifts and dance inspired grooves that inspire images of the girls dancing in their underwear. Without sacrificing their edge, the girls managed to produce a sound all of their own while maintaining a seductive yet sexy flair.

Singing about bettering relationships and relationships in general, the girls passionately rock out to pop ballads and head-bobbing beats that are sure to get anyone going. Although the girls lean more to an audience of both closet and non-closet rock chicks, boys may find their sexy edge alluring. Regardless, despite to comparisons to the short-lived The Donnas, the girls of Sahara Hotnights have a real feel, one that will relate to listeners for albums to come.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...