CD REVIEW Sahara Hotnights Kiss & Tell

Named one of Rolling Stones “10 Great New Bands” Sahara Hotnights are the new chic rocker chicks on the scene. Producing seventies style rock music with pop the quartet is hot.

Four young Scandinavian women who are bringing new style to the iconic look of old school groups such as Abba, Ace of Base, and the Cardigans, Sahara Hotnights are fusing new school with old school. Comprised of a vocalist, a drummer, a guitarist and her bass-playing sister, the four are an electrifying mix.

Bouncy and full of energy, Kiss & Tell is heavy with underground rock rifts and dance inspired grooves that inspire images of the girls dancing in their underwear. Without sacrificing their edge, the girls managed to produce a sound all of their own while maintaining a seductive yet sexy flair.

Singing about bettering relationships and relationships in general, the girls passionately rock out to pop ballads and head-bobbing beats that are sure to get anyone going. Although the girls lean more to an audience of both closet and non-closet rock chicks, boys may find their sexy edge alluring. Regardless, despite to comparisons to the short-lived The Donnas, the girls of Sahara Hotnights have a real feel, one that will relate to listeners for albums to come.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...