REPORT CARD

Offense: C-
The running game looked sharp, but throwing for less than 100 yards against Houston is downright inexcusable.

Quarterback: D-
Head Coach Larry Coker has been the staunchest defender of Brock Berlin, but even he criticized the senior signal-caller after his abysmal performance Thursday night.

Running Back: B+
Tyrone Moss feasted on the defenses of Houston and Louisiana Tech and is running the ball with a vengeance. Frank Gore is battling a sore knee, but is it imperative that he gets healthy for Georgia Tech.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C+
Nine different receivers caught passes for the Hurricanes, but the leading receiver, Roscoe Parrish, had only three catches for 26 yards. Someone needs to step up in this unit and make plays for Berlin.

Offensive Line: B-
The o-line was solid in its run blocking, but Berlin was sacked five times, which is uncharacteristic of a Miami quarterback. Granted, Berlin ran into a few sacks himself, but the o-line needs to do a better job of pass protecting.

Defense: B+
The defense finally proved that it is indeed human as the Hurricanes gave up their first offensive touchdown of the season. However, the unit still only gave up one score, which came after a Berlin fumble gave the Cougars great field position.
Defensive Line: B+
Baraka Atkins broke the game open with his fumble return, and it is fun to watch that big guy motor down the field. The rest of the line did a decent job of dealing with some weird Houston formations.

Linebackers: B
Most of the big plays have come from the d-line or the secondary, so the linebackers don’t get much publicity. Roger McIntosh and the gang are quietly doing a formidable job making fans forget about Jon Vilma and D.J. Williams, however.

Secondary: B
There weren’t any huge plays from the secondary, which is surprising, but Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb did not exactly test them either, which is not surprising.

Special Teams: A
This unit looks worlds different from last year, as players are blocking kicks, making vicious tackles and winning the field position battle.

Coaching: B
Kudos to Coker for finally showing some frustration with his inept passing game. We’re not asking you to bash your starting quarterback. We just want to know that you realize how poor our offense has looked this season and that it cannot continue.

compiled by Eric Kalis

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...