REPORT CARD

Offense: B
The offense looked much better than it did against Florida State, as expected. If the Hurricanes can consistently run the football and get in the end zone a few times each game, their defense won’t let them lose.

Quarterbacks: C
Brock Berlin had a horrible interception on the Hurricanes’ first drive, but it is hard to complain about a 10-for-14, 122-yard performance in only one half of work. Derrick Crudup and Kyle Wright showed us why they are backups in the second half.

Running Backs: A
Tyrone Moss and Frank Gore didn’t have huge numbers because they didn’t play much during the second half, but they combined for three touchdowns. If they can manage to score three touchdowns between them every game, we will all be booking Orange Bowl tickets this winter.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C
The Hurricanes have two legitimate weapons in tight ends Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen. Darnell Jenkins scored his second touchdown as a ‘Cane, but there were a couple of disturbing drops from freshman Lance Leggett.

Offensive Line: B+
When you score three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown with little pressure ever being applied to the quarterback, it’s hard to complain.

Defense: A
The Hurricanes have not allowed an offensive touchdown in two games this season. Wow.

Defensive Line: A
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Without injured starter Leon Williams, the linebackers did an admirable job of containing the nation’s leading rusher, Ryan Moats.

Secondary: A
The secondary picked up right where it left off after Florida State, not allowing Donald Allen to make any plays downfield. Antrel Rolle continues to establish himself as the best defensive player in the country.

Special Teams: A+
All I have to say is: Devin Hester for President!

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker did a good job rotating his players throughout the blowout. That was about the only coaching he needed to do in this romp.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...