FASHION Aura gives off the aura for designer fashion

Located on the perfectly manicured stretch of Miracle Mile, Aura is the epitome of a chic boutique. Simple in design, the floor-to-ceiling glass front flaunts four mannequins and a glass box jewelry case topped with intricately beaded flats.

Inside, jeans are folded neatly on understated white shelves and colored organized clothing hangs from simple metal racks, almost like the type you would see backstage at a runway show. Presented with pure elegance and simplicity, the pieces in Aura are definitely designer. The silk tops, soft cottons and blaringly obvious Juicy label give Aura the “aura” of high style, a feeling exuded by fellow shoppers and owner Ingrid herself. Accompanied by her Chinese Crested Powder-puff puppy who trots lightly around the store while shoppers leaf through clothing, Ingrid has owned Aura for two years.

In the process, Ingrid’s tastes flaunt an array of well-known labels for the store: Development, Rebecca Taylor, Queue, Jill Stuart, and Ella Moss; brands fit for Miami’s fashionistas line the walls. Of course there is the dominant presence of practically every kind of Citizens of Humanity jean available, something not common to small boutiques and a very pleasant surprise.

Price wise, Aura rises to the top of the scale, with some pieces-particularly a strapless tunic- boasting a $400 retail value. However, the Juicy and C & C tees lines are priced in the normal $60 to a little over $100 range.

Definitely a store to visit on a relaxing afternoon where strolling on the street is a must, Aura is a must-see. Combined with the sophisticated touch and a spectacular event, Aura holds endless options.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...