POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some bicycle safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
Public Safety Records show that when bikes were stolen on campus:
90% were secured with cable or chain locks
10% were locked with a U-lock*
UM Public Safety would like to help you improve the security of your bike. You can trade in your cable or chain lock for a free U-lock. Public Safety is giving away U-locks while supplies last. Bring your ‘Cane Card and your cable or chain bike lock to Public Safety between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. You will receive a Cycle Finders bike registration, bike security tips and a free gift.
*Use of a U-lock does not guarantee your bike will not be stolen.
For further information, call Public Safety at 305-284-1105, or 8-6666 from a campus phone.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 8

5821 San Amaro Dr. Burglary

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10

6100 San Amaro Dr. Theft

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11

5183 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Hit and Run
1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1300 Memorial Dr. Burglary

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

1200 Dickinson Dr. Hit and Run

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 15

5616 Merrick Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department. For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...