POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some bicycle safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
Public Safety Records show that when bikes were stolen on campus:
90% were secured with cable or chain locks
10% were locked with a U-lock*
UM Public Safety would like to help you improve the security of your bike. You can trade in your cable or chain lock for a free U-lock. Public Safety is giving away U-locks while supplies last. Bring your ‘Cane Card and your cable or chain bike lock to Public Safety between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. You will receive a Cycle Finders bike registration, bike security tips and a free gift.
*Use of a U-lock does not guarantee your bike will not be stolen.
For further information, call Public Safety at 305-284-1105, or 8-6666 from a campus phone.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 8

5821 San Amaro Dr. Burglary

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10

6100 San Amaro Dr. Theft

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11

5183 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Hit and Run
1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1300 Memorial Dr. Burglary

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

1200 Dickinson Dr. Hit and Run

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 15

5616 Merrick Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department. For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...