Offense: D
For three-and-a-half quarters, there was no Hurricane offense. Just because Brock Berlin was able to right himself before it was too late and the receivers started to make plays at the end of regulation doesn’t mean that the unit gets a free pass for its many mistakes.

Quarterback: D +
To Berlin’s credit, this is not the first time he has led the Hurricanes from behind late in the game. However, his decision-making was shaky and he simply had a tough time completing passes for most of the game.

Running Backs: C+
Frank Gore turned it on at the end of the game, and it looks like he still has speed and shiftiness despite injuring both of his knees. Tyrone Moss was a non-factor, however, and the Hurricanes will need production from the sophomore in big games down the road.

Wide Receivers/
Tight Ends: C+
Sinorice Moss came out of nowhere to have a huge game, but Ryan Moore was nonexistent and Roscoe Parrish looks like a deer in headlights after every catch. Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen give the ‘Canes an awesome one-two punch at tight end.

Offensive Line: B
The o-line provided Berlin with plenty of protection at the end of the game, while Florida State’s defense kept tiring. You have to tip your cap to Eric Winston and the rest of the gang for holding it together at the end of the game.

Defense: A+
Wow. Somehow the Hurricanes lose Sean Taylor, Jon Vilma, D.J. Williams and Vince Wilfork, yet manage to play like the best unit ever assembled Friday night.

Defensive Line: A
The d-line made Chris Rix’s life miserable, as Baraka Atkins made many plays and Thomas Carroll recovered a pair of fumbles. Orien Harris was causing havoc despite facing double teams.

Linebackers: B+
The LBs slid under the radar in this game because the big plays were made by the secondary, but Leon Williams, Roger McIntosh and Teraz McCray proved that they will be able to handle the pressure of replacing Vilma and Williams.

Secondary: A+
Antrel Rolle is simply not human, and I am going to put this out there right now: Rolle is the best player in college football, regardless of position. Greg Threat and Kelly Jennings stepped up in big situations too.
Special Teams: B
Brian Monroe is punting like a totally different person now. Jon Peattie missed two field goals, but Hurricane fans shouldn’t be too worried.

Coaching: C
Head Coach Larry Coker needs to tell Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner that this is not sandlot football. Direct snaps to wide receivers on third down should be used against Rutgers, not Florida State. Come on guys, we’re better than that.

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

We are seeing another sign of a football program’s growing strength and maturation as Mark Richt unf ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

Miami's offense shook off a slow start to the series, and the Hurricanes departed Durham Bulls ...

View some of the best pictures from the No. 31 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 victory ove ...

The No. 31 Miami women's tennis team posted its seventh win in the past eight outings by toppin ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team was just a point away from its first true road victor ...

The University of Miami rowing team closed out its spring opener at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...