LX: the series

Painfully expensive cars line the street, bobbling outdoor umbrellas adorn the sidewalks, and side-by-side are some of South Miami’s most illustrious boutiques. Sunset Drive is home to over a dozen boutiques that cater to Miami’s high-brow clientele, including two boutiques with one major commonality: the same name. Studio LX and the new Project LX collectively cater to a wide demographic, with Studio LX supplying designer threads to ladies and Project LX serving up some hot duds for the men.

For the females, Studio LX is filled with designer labels, in both clothing and accessories. Separated by color, the hanging racks of clothing are stuffed with baby soft James Perse Tee’s, graphic Diane Von Furstenberg halters and eight or nine brands of designer denims. Priced a bit higher than the norm, the pieces are worth their price tags, as both the fabrics and their reputations are incomparable to pieces found in chains such as Gap, Banana Republic, and Forever 21.

A few stores over, Project LX is a futuristic space with a flair for style that would suit a wide range of men. Complete with curved walls and a flat screen TV, the simplistic layout allows the clothing to speak for itself. Divided by style, neatly folded denims line the wall while brightly colored, incredibly soft, button-ups hang by designer from a silver bar. Following the same price standard of its partner store, Project LX’s price tags scream numbers anywhere from $98 to $275, often for a single shirt. Rightly so, Project LX carries such renowned brands as Seven, Ben Sherman, James Perse, Diesel, French Connection, and even Dolce & Gabana. If clothing isn’t your thing, Project LX also caries a wide variety of stylish kicks and bags by brands like Puma, Nike, and Pony.

Despite the lack of completely accessible parking, both Studio LX and Project LX are worth the visit, providing a shopping outlet unlike any other in the immediate area. Any purchase in either store is likely to supply you with endless comments whether you strut your stuff running errands, in the Grove, or shakin’ it at one of SoBe’s popular clubs.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...