LX: the series

Painfully expensive cars line the street, bobbling outdoor umbrellas adorn the sidewalks, and side-by-side are some of South Miami’s most illustrious boutiques. Sunset Drive is home to over a dozen boutiques that cater to Miami’s high-brow clientele, including two boutiques with one major commonality: the same name. Studio LX and the new Project LX collectively cater to a wide demographic, with Studio LX supplying designer threads to ladies and Project LX serving up some hot duds for the men.

For the females, Studio LX is filled with designer labels, in both clothing and accessories. Separated by color, the hanging racks of clothing are stuffed with baby soft James Perse Tee’s, graphic Diane Von Furstenberg halters and eight or nine brands of designer denims. Priced a bit higher than the norm, the pieces are worth their price tags, as both the fabrics and their reputations are incomparable to pieces found in chains such as Gap, Banana Republic, and Forever 21.

A few stores over, Project LX is a futuristic space with a flair for style that would suit a wide range of men. Complete with curved walls and a flat screen TV, the simplistic layout allows the clothing to speak for itself. Divided by style, neatly folded denims line the wall while brightly colored, incredibly soft, button-ups hang by designer from a silver bar. Following the same price standard of its partner store, Project LX’s price tags scream numbers anywhere from $98 to $275, often for a single shirt. Rightly so, Project LX carries such renowned brands as Seven, Ben Sherman, James Perse, Diesel, French Connection, and even Dolce & Gabana. If clothing isn’t your thing, Project LX also caries a wide variety of stylish kicks and bags by brands like Puma, Nike, and Pony.

Despite the lack of completely accessible parking, both Studio LX and Project LX are worth the visit, providing a shopping outlet unlike any other in the immediate area. Any purchase in either store is likely to supply you with endless comments whether you strut your stuff running errands, in the Grove, or shakin’ it at one of SoBe’s popular clubs.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...