LX: the series

Painfully expensive cars line the street, bobbling outdoor umbrellas adorn the sidewalks, and side-by-side are some of South Miami’s most illustrious boutiques. Sunset Drive is home to over a dozen boutiques that cater to Miami’s high-brow clientele, including two boutiques with one major commonality: the same name. Studio LX and the new Project LX collectively cater to a wide demographic, with Studio LX supplying designer threads to ladies and Project LX serving up some hot duds for the men.

For the females, Studio LX is filled with designer labels, in both clothing and accessories. Separated by color, the hanging racks of clothing are stuffed with baby soft James Perse Tee’s, graphic Diane Von Furstenberg halters and eight or nine brands of designer denims. Priced a bit higher than the norm, the pieces are worth their price tags, as both the fabrics and their reputations are incomparable to pieces found in chains such as Gap, Banana Republic, and Forever 21.

A few stores over, Project LX is a futuristic space with a flair for style that would suit a wide range of men. Complete with curved walls and a flat screen TV, the simplistic layout allows the clothing to speak for itself. Divided by style, neatly folded denims line the wall while brightly colored, incredibly soft, button-ups hang by designer from a silver bar. Following the same price standard of its partner store, Project LX’s price tags scream numbers anywhere from $98 to $275, often for a single shirt. Rightly so, Project LX carries such renowned brands as Seven, Ben Sherman, James Perse, Diesel, French Connection, and even Dolce & Gabana. If clothing isn’t your thing, Project LX also caries a wide variety of stylish kicks and bags by brands like Puma, Nike, and Pony.

Despite the lack of completely accessible parking, both Studio LX and Project LX are worth the visit, providing a shopping outlet unlike any other in the immediate area. Any purchase in either store is likely to supply you with endless comments whether you strut your stuff running errands, in the Grove, or shakin’ it at one of SoBe’s popular clubs.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...