A True Seatfiller Experience

I understand that you would like to know all about the VMAs, but my VMA experience started hours before the show even started. Arriving ten minutes later than the check-in time of 2:45 p.m., I began to get worried as I walked to the back of a line that consisted of a few hundred people. Decked out in what I thought to be my exclusive Express Men’s outfit (gray dress pants and a striped pink, red and gray shirt) with my Giorgio Armani glasses to add the finishing touch, I noticed someone wearing the same shirt, adding to my frustration.

As the first hour went by, the line hardly moved. By the fourth hour, the front of the line was in view, and across the street was check-in. With anticipation building, police officers blurted from an intercom that Seatfillers no longer needed us, and anyone not already checked in should go home.

As I stayed on the corner, I noticed everyone was rushing to the check-in gate. Following the crowd, I found some UM schoolmates to get me in the front of the congested and sweaty line, and finally I attained the coveted red wristband.

Arriving at the pre-show, all I could say to myself was, “This arena looks so small, but it’s going to look so big on television.” There were four stages set up on each corner of the arena, and an open space in the middle, later filled courtesy of a casted audience. As a seat-filler, I had the opportunity to sit next to some of the biggest stars in the biz, the first being No Doubt, who sat a few rows ahead. Moving another time, I sat behind J.Lo and husband Marc Anthony, with Will Smith only a few rows away. Throughout the show I spoke to Missy Elliott’s prot

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...