The Cosford Cinema entertains ALL

Aside from the beautiful flora and fauna, the gorgeous lake at the center of campus, and the unique architecture of some of the University of Miami’s academic buildings, UM is one of the few college campuses with its very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Dooley Memorial Building, the Bill Cosford Cinema is run by students in the School of Communication, providing entertainment for all age groups. Specifically in place to serve the students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to showing box office hits at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the shows premiere at the Cosford a few weeks after their box office debut, students get the thrill of watching films produced by Jerry Bruckhiemer and directed by Kevin Smith for free, by simply showing student I.D.

In addition to screening films such as The Last Samurai, Finding Nemo, The School of Rock, and Pirates of the Caribbean, the Cosford regularly shows an array of independent and foreign films, films that have won awards at festivals such as Sundance in Utah and Cannes in France.

Decorated as extravagantly as an old world movie theater with red velvet curtains, sconce lighting and slightly reclining padded theater seats, the Bill Cosford Cinema is a unique element on the UM campus. Not only does it deliver endless entertainment to students and members of the surrounding community, it is a University staple, sure to outlast the concerts and plays that come and go. I

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public. Free for students. For movie times, call 305-284-4861.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...