The Cosford Cinema entertains ALL

Aside from the beautiful flora and fauna, the gorgeous lake at the center of campus, and the unique architecture of some of the University of Miami’s academic buildings, UM is one of the few college campuses with its very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Dooley Memorial Building, the Bill Cosford Cinema is run by students in the School of Communication, providing entertainment for all age groups. Specifically in place to serve the students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to showing box office hits at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the shows premiere at the Cosford a few weeks after their box office debut, students get the thrill of watching films produced by Jerry Bruckhiemer and directed by Kevin Smith for free, by simply showing student I.D.

In addition to screening films such as The Last Samurai, Finding Nemo, The School of Rock, and Pirates of the Caribbean, the Cosford regularly shows an array of independent and foreign films, films that have won awards at festivals such as Sundance in Utah and Cannes in France.

Decorated as extravagantly as an old world movie theater with red velvet curtains, sconce lighting and slightly reclining padded theater seats, the Bill Cosford Cinema is a unique element on the UM campus. Not only does it deliver endless entertainment to students and members of the surrounding community, it is a University staple, sure to outlast the concerts and plays that come and go. I

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public. Free for students. For movie times, call 305-284-4861.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...