The Cosford Cinema entertains ALL

Aside from the beautiful flora and fauna, the gorgeous lake at the center of campus, and the unique architecture of some of the University of Miami’s academic buildings, UM is one of the few college campuses with its very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Dooley Memorial Building, the Bill Cosford Cinema is run by students in the School of Communication, providing entertainment for all age groups. Specifically in place to serve the students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to showing box office hits at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the shows premiere at the Cosford a few weeks after their box office debut, students get the thrill of watching films produced by Jerry Bruckhiemer and directed by Kevin Smith for free, by simply showing student I.D.

In addition to screening films such as The Last Samurai, Finding Nemo, The School of Rock, and Pirates of the Caribbean, the Cosford regularly shows an array of independent and foreign films, films that have won awards at festivals such as Sundance in Utah and Cannes in France.

Decorated as extravagantly as an old world movie theater with red velvet curtains, sconce lighting and slightly reclining padded theater seats, the Bill Cosford Cinema is a unique element on the UM campus. Not only does it deliver endless entertainment to students and members of the surrounding community, it is a University staple, sure to outlast the concerts and plays that come and go. I

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public. Free for students. For movie times, call 305-284-4861.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...