Student involvement ensures college experience

An anonymous quote states, “You cannot inherit experience.” This statement couldn’t be any truer, specifically when applied to college. Described as some of the best years of your life, preparation for your future, and a time for growth and development, college is a time to live life to its fullest and experience everything a college has to offer. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by getting involved on campus, and with over 200 student organizations, the University of Miami offers plenty of opportunities to get involved. Ranging from Student Government to cultural organizations to clubs that take trips to the Keys and the Everglades, the University organizations cater to every person’s need.

Getting involved on campus is one of the most important elements of the college experience. Outside of the classroom, student organizations provide an environment that allow a student to meet people, develop skills, capitalize on already harbored interests, and learn things about themselves and others.

Whether students get involved in the Greek system, join an organization that capitalizes on specific talents or become student leaders, getting involved on campus maximizes the college experience, adding to the knowledge that goes on inside the classroom. Aside from warnings about cafeteria food, getting involved is the most important message sent to students, because getting involved is really the only way to make college a memorable experience. I

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...