Start your EDUcation before you even get here

The University of Miami is introducing AlcoholEdu for College, a Web-based alcohol prevention program being used at more than 350 colleges and universities around the country. The program uses the latest prevention techniques and science-based research to educate students about the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. Whether or not you drink alcohol, AlcoholEdu for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better understand the drinking decisions and behaviors of your peers.

Every incoming first-year student will be required to take AlcoholEdu for College and pass the course’s Final Exam before arriving on campus. Because it is available online, you need only a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities to take the course. The course is offered with Flash technology, so it compresses media files to decrease download time.

The AlcoholEdu Support Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Simply click on the “Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu screen to access Customer Support Representatives through a toll-free phone number, live chat or trouble tickets. You do not even have to be logged in to access this help.

Be on the lookout for a letter during the first part of August with log in information and timeline requirements. I

>> If you have additional questions about AlcoholEdu or the University of Miami’s Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Education programs, please contact Pier 21 at (305) 284-6120, or pier21@miami.edu.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...