ARC: A key to academic success

The Academic Resource Center [ARC] at UM is the place where students come to enhance their academic success. Successful students can be identified as students who utilize every available resource to acquire knowledge, develop understanding, and get the best possible grade. Success is not defined by perfection; it is defined as the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.

The ARC is the resource to help students manage their success. It offers programs to enhance textbook reading skills, demonstrate organizational management tools, and provide insight into establishing effective lasting relationships with professors and instructors, as well how to begin to prepare for life beyond the baccalaureate by taking control and being responsible for today.

Programs to enhance textbook reading skills, demonstrate organizational management tools, and provide insight into establishing effective lasting relationships with professors.

Peer tutoring is available at no cost to students. All UM students can take advantage of peer tutoring to develop deeper understanding through additional, special, or corrective instruction in almost any subject for two hours per week.

This year, students can also take part in unlimited asynchronous on-line tutoring, a new service at the ARC. Small group supplemental instruction is also available for some of the most difficult science courses.

The UM Experience program offers courses through the ARC with the needs of entering students in mind. This course brings the university to life for the student by illuminating pathways for navigating their tenure at UM and by sharing the traditions of the university. In addition, discipline-specific information is imparted to the students by prominent faculty and administrators.

For students with documented disabilities, within the ARC resides Disability Services. Accommodations are assigned on a case-by-case determination and are subject to documentation review.

The ARC welcomes all students to visit the center and take advantage of the services offered there. Its sole purpose is to assist students in achieving success. I

>> For more information about what the ARC can offer, visit www.miami.edu/adc or call 305-284-4790 or 304-284-2800.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...