Why liberals are going to cost us the war on terror

In 1992, James Carville and George Stephanopoulos came up with a haiku to simplify the essence of Bill Clinton’s campaign. It went like this: “Change versus more of the same; it’s the economy stupid; remember health care.” Very simple, very eloquent and very effective. Fast-forward 12 years to John Kerry. Not so simple, not so eloquent, but effective in a limited, partisan sort of way. I think Kerry deserves his own haiku: “Bush sucks; I’m not Bush; Vote for me!” Like the liberal inability to see the big picture, the lack of eloquence in Kerry’s haiku is paralleled only by his complete lack of substance. While this is good enough for the Democratic Party, will it be good enough for most other people? Having a familiarity with individuals more historic than Howard Dean and Ralph Nader might help one to answer that question.

The reason why liberals are going to cost us the war on terror is that, first, they’re incapable of understanding that we’re even in a war; they still think this is a law enforcement matter. Second, they don’t seem to grasp that this hatred for us started long before Jan. 20, 2001, and that our enemies aren’t people who ever had any interest in dialogue. They just want us all dead, because our way of life conflicts with theirs and that is unacceptable to them. There is no talking and no discussion. There’s just killing all of us, even those liberals who think George W. Bush is solely responsible for 9/11. Finally, like Kerry, liberals believe the world actually works the way they think it does. It’s not entirely their fault. Day after day they inundate themselves with the most ridiculously na

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...