EDGE TOP 10

10

The
mystery of NUDE….
’nuff said.

9

The Passion of Perception
In accordance with all the real-life media hype about Gibson’s movie, EDGE received a little of its own, when one of our very own writers wrote a rather lengthy review of the film. Too bad the heat came from a mysterious phone number scribbled on the header of the section, black on black…definitely not readable.

8

Fashion and Funk
Although Miami doesn’t rank too high on the list as a hub for fashion, the city certainly has it’s own flavor. As proof, the photo spread about Funkshion, the weeklong event that featured runway shows of some of the hottest designers in the market, revealed just how haute this city really is. While the main attraction was meant for the catwalk, the audience members grabbed just as much attention with their chic sunglasses, sexy dresses, and GQ style monochromatic suits.

7

Interviews
Out of all the interviews, the phone calls, and the conference calls, Ross Whitsett must be given the highest honor for a) interviewing the Strokes (despite giving their CD Room On Fire a less than glowing review) and b) attending the concert.

6

Debut
Anyone knows that making a grand debut is always the hardest, especially when everyone has such high standards. However, the first issue was definitely the first triumph is this on-going saga.

5

Gettin’ Some Action
What’s better than writing about porn? Writing a feature article about female porn. Hail to Sweet Action for inspiring our Valentine’s issue to embrace the fact that females are just as driven as males when it comes to getting it on. Check out www.sweetactionmag.com in case you need a mental recharge about what we’re talking about.

4

Do and Do Not
So fashion proved once again to cause a stir. Whether on the streets, on the catwalk, or on campus, fashion never seems to cease, especially here in Miami. Admittedly, the incognito style photos taken of fashion faux paus were rather mean-spirited, but hey, no one yells at the plethora of other magazines that go detective style. Plus, at least we rebutted with a feature of fashion dos.

3

West Side Borey
Causing an uprising and having 200 people supposedly “boycotting” The Hurricane due to a rather harsh (okay, pretty damn harsh) theater review of West Side Story, definitely ranks at the top of the list. What other section is able incite such drama among the dramatic?

2

F’n Up
Just to prove the fact that this section is hardly perfect, we have to point to our shortcomings…despite the many disasters that have occurred over the semester, having a Modest Mouse CD Review as the lead feature definitely takes the cake. For future notice, that will never, ever happen again.

10

DUDE, THEY ARE, LIKE, SOOO NOT THE ENEMY…
Yeah, this motley crew graces the top of our chart – how could we IGNORE the previous ring-leaders of the ever-enlightening LIFE&ART section, with their adventures in Hipsterland, greek gozzip, and mockery of CAMPUS LIVING? To these rebels-without-cause (or jobs) and their “war” against the Board of Publications, our Editor in Chief, and this whole staff, we raise our collective glass. Adieu.

To recap, in its debut semester, EDGE has managed to piss off 200 members of a theater production, incite a letter to be sent to the Editor in Chief from President Shalala (among others), use the f-word in a headline (not without complaint), call people out on their trucker-and-gym-clothes uniforms, and finally, to sink as low as to feature a CD review as a main feature. Excellent. Have a good summer everyone.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...