SECOND LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the editor:

I am disappointed by Deborah Acosta’s article on the student production of West Side Story (The Hurricane, April 20). The purpose and place of The Hurricane should not be to trash talk student productions. The language she used in her assault on the actors’ skills was unnecessary. She was rude. Mean. Vulgar. I hope that in the future she will take a more professional approach to her job as a “journalist.” Her comparison between the dancing in West Side Story and the “drunken staggering” at “a certain keg party” was completely uncalled for. There are ways to say that the dancing is unsynchronized without being so vicious. It is also regrettable that the good aspects of the musical were not mentioned until the very end – which was printed on a separate page, and therefore less likely to be seen.

I urge the writers and editors to show better taste in the articles they publish.

Sincerely,

Liz Johnson

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...