CD REVIEW Fat Head

Fat Hed’s, Night Train to Babble On is a poor attempt at making a successful CD. Fat Hed is an MC trying to break through into the rap dominion. However, if he keeps recording this awful music then he most definitely won’t make a dent into an industry beaming with talent. I don’t know where to begin. The music is described as a “cosmic thrill ride” though it doesn’t take me anywhere out of this world.

The beats of the songs are definitely assorted ranging from electronica to freestyle and are atypical for the rap genre. I commend him for daring to experiment with different styles, but unfortunately they don’t work out the way he most likely anticipated they would. Sad to say, the problem isn’t so much the rhythmic backgrounds but Fat Hed’s voice. It’s unquestionably annoying and the main cause for the CD’s downfall. “Cosmic Beam’s” intro seemed promising until Fat Hed’s irksome vocals took over. “People Skit” was the most endurable track to listen to on the entire album – it was also just instrumentals. Overall, this CD lacks in quality, talented vocals, and genuine Hip-hop bumpin’.

Christie Asencio can be contacted at c.asencio@umiami.edu

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...