Briefs Women’s Track and Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team won six of 14 events at the FIU Collegiate Invite held on the campus of Florida International University.

Senior Adrienne Moss recorded the day’s top performance winning the shot put with an NCAA Regional qualifying mark of 15.04 meters (49-04.25). Moss also finished second in the discus with a toss of 41.37 meters (135-09.00).

In the Hammer throw, senior Megan Cobb captured first-place with a mark of 48.71 meters (159-10). Junior Amber Williams finished first in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.43 seconds, while sophomore Melanie Schultz won the 1,500-meters with a time of 4:40.57.

Other Hurricane victories included freshman Tabia Charles in the 100-meter dash (12.71) and the 4×100-meter relay (48.84).

The Hurricanes return to action April 22-24 at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa.

Men’s Track and Field

The University of Miami men’s track and field team won three events and recorded five Big East qualifying marks at the FIU Collegiate Invite held on the campus of Florida International University.

Senior Aaron Dolores won the long jump with a Big East qualifying mark of 7.03 meters (23-00.75). The jump is a career best for Dolores and the top jump by a Hurricane this season.

Senior Jon Mark won the pole vault for the second time this season with a Big East qualifying mark of 4.65 meters (15-03.00). Junior Chris Centrich also qualified for the Big East Championships, May 1-2, in Piscataway, N.J., finishing third with a vault of 4.65 meters (15-03.00). Despite having the same mark as Mark, Centrich finished third due to number of misses.

Freshmen Thomas Berry and Zach Castiglione finished one-two in the 1500-meters with Berry winning in a time of 4:09.45. Castiglione recorded a time of 4:10.89.

Freshman Roland DaSilva was the top collegiate finisher in the 400-meter hurdles recording a Big East qualifying time of 54.32 seconds, while senior Kenny Frank finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a Big East qualifying time 15.12 seconds.

On the season the Hurricanes have recorded 18 Big East qualifying marks in nine separate events. Miami returns to action April 23-24 at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...