Briefs Women’s Track and Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team won six of 14 events at the FIU Collegiate Invite held on the campus of Florida International University.

Senior Adrienne Moss recorded the day’s top performance winning the shot put with an NCAA Regional qualifying mark of 15.04 meters (49-04.25). Moss also finished second in the discus with a toss of 41.37 meters (135-09.00).

In the Hammer throw, senior Megan Cobb captured first-place with a mark of 48.71 meters (159-10). Junior Amber Williams finished first in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.43 seconds, while sophomore Melanie Schultz won the 1,500-meters with a time of 4:40.57.

Other Hurricane victories included freshman Tabia Charles in the 100-meter dash (12.71) and the 4×100-meter relay (48.84).

The Hurricanes return to action April 22-24 at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa.

Men’s Track and Field

The University of Miami men’s track and field team won three events and recorded five Big East qualifying marks at the FIU Collegiate Invite held on the campus of Florida International University.

Senior Aaron Dolores won the long jump with a Big East qualifying mark of 7.03 meters (23-00.75). The jump is a career best for Dolores and the top jump by a Hurricane this season.

Senior Jon Mark won the pole vault for the second time this season with a Big East qualifying mark of 4.65 meters (15-03.00). Junior Chris Centrich also qualified for the Big East Championships, May 1-2, in Piscataway, N.J., finishing third with a vault of 4.65 meters (15-03.00). Despite having the same mark as Mark, Centrich finished third due to number of misses.

Freshmen Thomas Berry and Zach Castiglione finished one-two in the 1500-meters with Berry winning in a time of 4:09.45. Castiglione recorded a time of 4:10.89.

Freshman Roland DaSilva was the top collegiate finisher in the 400-meter hurdles recording a Big East qualifying time of 54.32 seconds, while senior Kenny Frank finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a Big East qualifying time 15.12 seconds.

On the season the Hurricanes have recorded 18 Big East qualifying marks in nine separate events. Miami returns to action April 23-24 at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...