POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week:
The following are tips to help prevent auto theft: park in a secured, well-lighted area; close all windows, lock all doors and take the keys with you; never hide a second set of keys anywhere in your car; never leave your car’s engine running, not even in your driveway; and always park your vehicle with the wheels turned towards the curb, even when parking in driveways and parking lots, making your vehicle difficult to tow.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 7
1:29 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Theft
9:22 a.m. 1245 Walsh Ave. Theft

THURSDAY APRIL 8
11:56 a.m. 5801 Red Rd.
Theft
10:00 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr.
Harassing Phone Calls

FRIDAY APRIL 9
6:41 a.m. 1245 Walsh Ave.
Vandalism
11:03 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr.
Harassment

12:24 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr.
Vandalism to Vehicle
3:59 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr.
Theft
4:20 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr.
Theft/Vehicle

SATURDAY APRIL 10
4:30 a.m. 1500 Albenga Ave.
Theft

SUNDAY APRIL 11
12:55 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr.
Vandalism/Vehicle
2:38 p.m. 1251 Memorial Dr.
Theft
MONDAY APRIL 12
1:45 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr.
Harassment

TUESDAY APRIL 13

10:27 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft
11:50 a.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Theft
2:40 p.m. 1251 Memorial Dr. Theft

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 305-284-6666.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...