POLICE BEAT: Helmet, light colors keep bikers safe

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week:
The following are bicycle tips given by the Director of Public Safety, Henry Christensen: Wear a helmet. More than 70 percent of bicycle-related fatalities are the result of head injuries. At night, always wear light-colored clothing and make use of lights and reflectors to increase visibility. More than half of adult bicycle fatalities occur during twilight or nighttime hours. Ride with traffic. Don’t ride against the flow of traffic. Park in well-lighted and well-traveled areas, and use bike racks on campus. Protect your bike. Keep it properly locked when unattended. Public Safety is now selling U type locks at half price, $15, while supplies last.

THURSDAY APRIL 1

10:50 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

SATURDAY APRIL 3

5:35 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

SUNDAY APRIL 4

11:06 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Burglary

MONDAY APRIL 5

2:30 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Simple Battery
5:60 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Simple Battery

TUESDAY APRIL 6

3:03 p.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Burglary/Vehicle

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...