NEWS BRIEFS

UM NEWS

FEC plays April Fool’s joke on its members

On March 31, all members of the Federation of Cuban Students [FEC], known as FECkers, received an email from the FEC executive board explaining that, at the Senate meeting that day, FEC was kicked out of their office and had until Friday at noon to empty out their belongings. The email encouraged FECkers to stay unified and said FEC would continue with or without an office, being that they consider themselves a “strong entity.” It turns out the leadership at FEC has a sense of humor and that the email was merely an April Fool’s joke.

Sigma Chi fraternity’s secrets offered on eBay before removal

Indiana Daily Student (Indiana U.)

ELSEWHERE

Police say U. Wisconsin student’s abduction a hoax

U-WIRE- U. Wisconsin

Madison Police say they have found inconsistencies in University of Wisconsin sophomore Audrey Seiler’s story after she admitted she was not abducted from her apartment. Madison Police are not pursuing an armed suspect that could have abducted Seiler four days before her finding. At a press conference Friday afternoon, police chief Noble Wray said the Madison police department obtained additional information leading investigators to believe Seiler’s story was bogus.

“[We believe] Audrey Seiler was not abducted at knife point,” Wray said at the press conference. “We do not believe that there is a suspect at large, period.”

Wray pointed out several “inconsistencies” in Seiler’s statement about her abduction from her Regent apartment Saturday morning, and then her added testimony saying she was not abducted from her apartment but at the marsh in southern Madison where she was found. Seiler, though police have debunked her story, has not “admitted to” lying about an abduction at this time. Wray said police are still investigating the incident and did not rule out filing charges against Seiler in the future.

ETC

QuantUM Entertainment is searching for a Director for its Fall 2004 show. For more information, visit www.gotoquantum.com/DIRECTOR.

Tickets are now on sale for QuantUM Entertainment’s West Side Story at the UM Ticketmaster booth, online www.gotoquantum.com/westside or call: 305-284-6399. Shows are at the Hillel Theatre.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...