NEWS BRIEFS

UM NEWS

FEC plays April Fool’s joke on its members

On March 31, all members of the Federation of Cuban Students [FEC], known as FECkers, received an email from the FEC executive board explaining that, at the Senate meeting that day, FEC was kicked out of their office and had until Friday at noon to empty out their belongings. The email encouraged FECkers to stay unified and said FEC would continue with or without an office, being that they consider themselves a “strong entity.” It turns out the leadership at FEC has a sense of humor and that the email was merely an April Fool’s joke.

Sigma Chi fraternity’s secrets offered on eBay before removal

Indiana Daily Student (Indiana U.)

ELSEWHERE

Police say U. Wisconsin student’s abduction a hoax

U-WIRE- U. Wisconsin

Madison Police say they have found inconsistencies in University of Wisconsin sophomore Audrey Seiler’s story after she admitted she was not abducted from her apartment. Madison Police are not pursuing an armed suspect that could have abducted Seiler four days before her finding. At a press conference Friday afternoon, police chief Noble Wray said the Madison police department obtained additional information leading investigators to believe Seiler’s story was bogus.

“[We believe] Audrey Seiler was not abducted at knife point,” Wray said at the press conference. “We do not believe that there is a suspect at large, period.”

Wray pointed out several “inconsistencies” in Seiler’s statement about her abduction from her Regent apartment Saturday morning, and then her added testimony saying she was not abducted from her apartment but at the marsh in southern Madison where she was found. Seiler, though police have debunked her story, has not “admitted to” lying about an abduction at this time. Wray said police are still investigating the incident and did not rule out filing charges against Seiler in the future.

ETC

QuantUM Entertainment is searching for a Director for its Fall 2004 show. For more information, visit www.gotoquantum.com/DIRECTOR.

Tickets are now on sale for QuantUM Entertainment’s West Side Story at the UM Ticketmaster booth, online www.gotoquantum.com/westside or call: 305-284-6399. Shows are at the Hillel Theatre.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team fought valiantly at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center, but ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...