LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

I was able to read the latest editorial piece in The Hurricane. It was an apology for not running an advertisement but the writer never once mentioned what the advertisement was about. The apology just went on. I guess they thought that the controversy over not printing this advertisement had already caused such uproar on campus that everyone would know what they were talking about without ever mentioning it. However, readers such as myself, who only read The Hurricane occasionally, have no earthly idea what they are talking about. So the question remains: Why would you write an opinion piece about your decision not to print an advertisement if you’re too cowardly to discuss the details of the ad and the reasons why you didn’t print it? I found this editorial to be utterly pathetic from a journalistic standpoint.

Sincerely,

Robert Bandes
UM parent

Editor’s Note: In the aforementioned issue (April 12, 2004), there was an article explaining the contents of the advertisement on page 3 of the News section.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...