LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

I was able to read the latest editorial piece in The Hurricane. It was an apology for not running an advertisement but the writer never once mentioned what the advertisement was about. The apology just went on. I guess they thought that the controversy over not printing this advertisement had already caused such uproar on campus that everyone would know what they were talking about without ever mentioning it. However, readers such as myself, who only read The Hurricane occasionally, have no earthly idea what they are talking about. So the question remains: Why would you write an opinion piece about your decision not to print an advertisement if you’re too cowardly to discuss the details of the ad and the reasons why you didn’t print it? I found this editorial to be utterly pathetic from a journalistic standpoint.

Sincerely,

Robert Bandes
UM parent

Editor’s Note: In the aforementioned issue (April 12, 2004), there was an article explaining the contents of the advertisement on page 3 of the News section.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...