Spain gives Al-Qaeda terrorists just what they want

On March 14, the Spanish people handed over their government to a Socialist Party against combating terrorism with military action and rewarded Al-Qaeda for slaughtering around 200 innocent Spaniards. Spain’s Conservative Party held a dominating lead in the polls directly before Al-Qaeda’s attack. Why did Spain elect a government committed to appeasing terrorists directly after Europe’s worst terror attack? And what does it mean for the free world’s global battle against jihadists?

Spain’s outgoing Prime Minister Aznar realized the tremendous threat that Afghanistan’s Taliban and the Butcher of Baghdad’s unaccounted-for WMD in Iraq posed to the free world. Accordingly, Spain provided troops and resources to topple the Taliban and joined the 49-nation coalition that enforced UNSC Resolution 1441 through the deployment of 1,300 troops to Iraq.

Al-Qaeda wanted Spaniards to believe that Conservative Party Prime Minister Aznar’s military support for the war against terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq represented the main reason they were bombed and consequently ousted his party from power. Spain’s electorate elected Socialist Party candidate Zapatero and acquiesced to Al-Qaeda.

In reality, terrorists attacked Spain in the context of a global battle to kill “infidels,” destroy democracy and enact a worldwide Islamic fundamentalist state. Al-Qaeda had democratic Europe in their scope for many years. French authorities foiled an Al-Qaeda plot to crash an airliner into the Eiffel Tower in 1994, well before the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The ideology that the world can fight with daisies against terrorists who seek to literally destroy us represents a naivet

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...