Alternative Spring Break Programs

*AIDS/HIV – Work at assisted-living facilities that house AIDS/HIV patients. Activities include general cleaning and interacting with the residents.

*Domestic Violence – Work at a battered women’s shelter doing miscellaneous chores and light maintenance that the shelter cannot afford to pay for.

*Hunger and Homelessness – Learn about the issues the homeless face and help with food preparation and light maintenance work around the shelter.

*Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

*Animal Sanctuary – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Youth Violence – Work with children in inner-city schools promoting non-violent alternatives.

*Poverty Issues – Migrant Farm Workers – Learn about the issues migrant farm workers face – being paid below minimum wage, no health insurance, poverty levels, etc. – and join the workers in the field.

*Mini Site (Sat. – Wed.): Animal Rights – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Mini Site (Wed. – Sat.): Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...