Alternative Spring Break Programs

*AIDS/HIV – Work at assisted-living facilities that house AIDS/HIV patients. Activities include general cleaning and interacting with the residents.

*Domestic Violence – Work at a battered women’s shelter doing miscellaneous chores and light maintenance that the shelter cannot afford to pay for.

*Hunger and Homelessness – Learn about the issues the homeless face and help with food preparation and light maintenance work around the shelter.

*Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

*Animal Sanctuary – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Youth Violence – Work with children in inner-city schools promoting non-violent alternatives.

*Poverty Issues – Migrant Farm Workers – Learn about the issues migrant farm workers face – being paid below minimum wage, no health insurance, poverty levels, etc. – and join the workers in the field.

*Mini Site (Sat. – Wed.): Animal Rights – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Mini Site (Wed. – Sat.): Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...