THIS IS THE LIST

Tuesday,
March 9

:: Perfecto Presents….PAUL OAKENFIELD
Space will be exuding thumping beats and techno sounds as internationally renowned Oakenfield will be mixing it up tonight from 10 p.m. to noon. If you go check out one event, please make it this. Saving the best for the last, Oakenfield will be closing up the Winter Music Conference with this outrageous event.

:: M3 Summit
Sunset Sessions…
…hosts their Tuesday event featuring music spinning by DJs/Performers DJ Le Spam and the Spam AllStars [MIA locals!], Telefon Tel-Aviv, DJ Patife, Prefuse 73, DJ Heather, plus special guests. All of this will be going down at the Surfcomber Hotel, 1717 Collins Ave. from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

:: PROTON RADIO @ CAFETERIA:
TECH HOUSE
With DJs/Performers: Casa Del Soul, Paula Coughlan (first-ever US appearance), Brian Ffar, Daniel Mnookin, Earth Deuley, Rob Dowell, Wes Mcgee, and Chloe Harris. Yes, Cafeteria hot spot on 546 Lincoln Rd will not only be serving up food tonight but good music. It’s from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and is free. Proton Radio has grown to become internet broadcasting’s gold standard for underground dance music and will be hosting this worthy event.

:: YOU GOTTA EAT SOMETIME!
MIXED ELEMENTS
WMC SHOWCASE
Mixed Elements presents delicious food by Joia downstairs and funky dance beats upstairs. DJs/Performers who will be mixing it up are Lee Cabrera, Juan Mejia, Michael Anthony, Dimitris Mykonos, Raoul Kahn, BaLi, John Early, Aaron Pope, Mike Giannini, Pat Allen, Sunil Kapadia, Solomon, Scarlett Etienne, DJ Torque, and Todd Prophet. Joia Restaurant and Upper Lounge is located at 150 Ocean Drive, South Beach. It’s going on from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. and is free with RSVP [Trevor@mixedelements.com].

:: REMIX HOTEL POOL SESSIONS
Remix Magazine, XM Radio, Thump Radio and Breakbeat Science bring you DJs/Performers Junkie XL, Deepsky, Gray Area, Infusion, Low End Specialists, Alex Whalen (XM), and Behrouz (XM). Focal point here- the pool at the Ritz Plaza Hotel [1701 Collins Ave., South Beach] and the music- sun bathe to live music for free from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.

:: SOUTH BEACH DIET
La Galleria located at 1626 Collins Ave will be keeping things slim in true South Beach Style today from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. An Atlanta and London contingency have brought together diverse talent for an entire 15 hours of flab-obliterating Underground Dance music. This party will not be about representing one style or clique spanning from DJs/Performers Terry Francis, Asad Rizvi, Alexander East, Alex Dean, Spettro, Michael Scott, DJ Inc, DJ Quiz, J-Luv, Jonathan, and Paul Soul. With the price at 5 bucks, you can’t pass up.

:: GET SOME IN BED
At B.E.D. restaurant and lounge that is… DJs/Performers 112 Crew – Bill Patrick, Dennis Rodgers, and Matt Licata will be spinning the sound from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for free so go hear for yourself.

:: “COMING OUT PARTY”
Jus-Ed and Kevin James will be coming out and introducing their new labels and websites. Record releases “Mid Summers Eve” and the premier hit “Sex Rain” U.Q. Limited promo CDs, vinyl, T-shirts, and accessories will be freebies.
Spinning it up will be DJs/Performers DJ Kevin James of M-Break recordings and DJ Jus-Ed of Underground Quality. Expect this going down all day from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Lounge 16 located at 423 16th St. By the way, this one won’t be harsh on your pockets either-it’s free.

Wednesday,
March 10

:: Sun Dance instead of Rain Dance
For the third day in a row, the Clevelander Hotel hosts M3 Sunset Sessions, featuring DJs Deep, Franck Rogers, Charles Webster, Jay J, Jamie Thinnes, Duane and DJ Pap. The Clevelander is located at 1020 Ocean Drive and tunes will be spinning from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Must there be mention of the beautiful sun, beautiful bodies, and beachy drinks with an umbrella?

:: As the Tribes dance…
Presented by Global Allian, Y2K Entertainment, and Scene Magazine, less-than-a-month old club STATE opens its red velvet doors to DJ Peretz, Ming & FS, Josh the Funky One, and over a dozen more performers. The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m., yeah that’s right, a Miami club is going to be open during the day, and will cost $20 before 11 p.m. In other words, go at normal peak club hours, approximately 12:00 a.m.

:: SUPERJANE PRESENTS ARE WE TIGHT ENOUGH FOR YOU?
Nocturnal Magazine and DJ peoples present “Are we tight enough for you,” at Blue on Espanola Way from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Spend the $10 and go to the nether part of SoBe where Espanola Way is it’s own world.

:: “STILL FUNKIN AROUND”
Underground Sounds & Rhinovinyl.com showcase Deejay 007, Round-N-Round and Invisible DJ, and Aldo Ron Sanchez at the Lily Hotel’s open air courtyard at 835 Collins Avenue. For exactly 12 hours and $5 celebrate Kind Recordings new label release lovingly called KIND0001: by Michael Knyte and RiotGear.

:: MIXING AUDI AND ASTROGLIDE
Happening at everyone’s favorite beach spot, Nikki Beach, special guest DJ from the UK and a slew of DJ Daves will be mixing and spinning from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. Although the event is a little pricey, $30, attending an event sponsored by a lubricant, a car, and website called Xposed.com just speaks for itself. Can anyone say backseat car sex?

:: BEN SHERMAN AND FILTER MAGAZINE PRESENT X-MIX PRODUCTIONS
Felix Da Housecat (A DJ) takes over the Mansion from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., running amuck with Dave the Hustler and Junior Sanchez. Sponsored by clothing guru Ben Sherman and rock mag Filter, do some booty shaking with Felix Da Housecat and get lost in the Mansion.

:: A fashion
function…
Under the big tent, not the big top, models strut their stuff down the runway on 1st and Collins Avenue. Celebrating fashion and music, spring lines of Efren Jarquin, Sisley, Hummel, and Enyce will be showcased for half an hour each. Pass by the tent to feast your eyes on the hottest models, greatest music, and delectable drinks.

:: Fashion and Music: Made In Italy
Crobar and Roberto Cavalli team up for an Italian soiree. With two themed rooms and a fashion show, guests will be saying SoBe is ardente by the time their bottles run dry.