GREEK WEEK Fraternities, sororities partake in a week of unity, pride, and benefit for greater causes

Greek Week is over, and in the end, all Greeks united on the UC Patio for Sunday’s closing ceremonies to find out the winners of all the different competitions held throughout the week. Lambda Chi Alpha and Delta Phi Epsilon came out on top. Overall, UM Greeks raised $9,892 for their annual charity, United Cerebral Palsy [UCP].

Monday’s blood drive kicked off Greek Week, collecting 829 total units of blood. The teams donating the most received monetary awards. Other events included Olympic Day, Organized Cheer, Mystery Event, Song Fest and a Dance-A-Thon.

Throughout the week’s events, spirit among the Greeks intensified. Before the closing ceremonies began, each fraternity and sorority – donning their respective shirts – waited with anticipation.

“Greek Week is the hardest event of the year – We spent so much time on it,” said Mehmet Yarangumelioglu, a Lambda Chi Alpha freshman. “If we don’t win, I’m not doing it again.”

Lauren Johnson, a Delta Delta Delta freshman, said Organized Cheer was “a lot of fun but also a lot of work – but in the end it was worth it because we all had fun and did our best.”

Zeta Tau Alpha could not join the festivities this year because they were participating in a fashion show.

Delta Phi Epsilon sisters Cara Marie Rogers, sophomore, and Meredith Mulligan, junior, said they loved Greek Week this year.

“It was a pretty close call and everyone did well,” Rogers said. “We’re so excited about winning, and most of all, we are proud of everyone.”

Shalu Patel can be reached at s.patel16@umiami.edu

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...