GREEK WEEK Fraternities, sororities partake in a week of unity, pride, and benefit for greater causes

Greek Week is over, and in the end, all Greeks united on the UC Patio for Sunday’s closing ceremonies to find out the winners of all the different competitions held throughout the week. Lambda Chi Alpha and Delta Phi Epsilon came out on top. Overall, UM Greeks raised $9,892 for their annual charity, United Cerebral Palsy [UCP].

Monday’s blood drive kicked off Greek Week, collecting 829 total units of blood. The teams donating the most received monetary awards. Other events included Olympic Day, Organized Cheer, Mystery Event, Song Fest and a Dance-A-Thon.

Throughout the week’s events, spirit among the Greeks intensified. Before the closing ceremonies began, each fraternity and sorority – donning their respective shirts – waited with anticipation.

“Greek Week is the hardest event of the year – We spent so much time on it,” said Mehmet Yarangumelioglu, a Lambda Chi Alpha freshman. “If we don’t win, I’m not doing it again.”

Lauren Johnson, a Delta Delta Delta freshman, said Organized Cheer was “a lot of fun but also a lot of work – but in the end it was worth it because we all had fun and did our best.”

Zeta Tau Alpha could not join the festivities this year because they were participating in a fashion show.

Delta Phi Epsilon sisters Cara Marie Rogers, sophomore, and Meredith Mulligan, junior, said they loved Greek Week this year.

“It was a pretty close call and everyone did well,” Rogers said. “We’re so excited about winning, and most of all, we are proud of everyone.”

Shalu Patel can be reached at s.patel16@umiami.edu

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...