LETTERS TWO TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

I am a member of the University of Miami Honor Council and enjoy reading this paper. The problem is, every once in a while you guys seem to get some things wrong, and this week’s cartoon, while amusing and thoughtful, seems to be one of those times. I would call myself a pretty liberal guy; hey, I hate George W. Bush as much as the next guy (I’ve read Al Franken), but, there was no College Republican evil cake plot to take over the UM’s voting populace, though evil cake does seem up Bush’s alley.

The event described in the cartoon was in fact an Honor Council event. We cut a cake and had a raffle to promote an Honor Council Video design contest and to spread the message of academic integrity. The day was designated as an “AI Day” and the Council had been tabling throughout the school. We had not reserved the space on “The Rock,” and they had. They were nice enough to allow us to steal some glory and hold our raffle off to the side of their table; hence the confusion. The College Republicans were actually rather generous about it, which goes to show that even conservatives can be nice.

These opinions are my own of course and the Honor Council is not affiliated with any political party, but I can say that the cake was, in fact, very good.

Sincerely,

Ashvin Reddy (Senior)

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...