FASHION A little green for your gator

Lincoln Road’s State was crawling with gators Friday night as Lacoste showcased their 2004 Spring Collection. Although no alligator laden polos were given to the guests, they were treated to free Cosmos and Martinis courtesy of VOX Vodka. The crowd itself fused Hampton’s regulars with the typical South Beach socialites. Go figure.

Judging by the turnout for the show, the alligator shirts have taken over more than just campus fashion. Although they may have dropped off the radar in the ’80s, they are becoming one of the must-haves for the season, particularly that pink one for men.

The fashions themselves weren’t really surprising, guys and girls had polos in a rainbow of colors, although one model featured a white tube top with rainbow trim and a matching low-rise skirt, which displayed more skin than would be expected from your typical Lacoste. The outfit of the evening was a tangerine polo with fitted khaki Capris and a matching tangerine belt. The only questionable fashion for classic style was having one sleeve rolled up. Hopefully gangsta style will stay on the runway and off of the streets. Featuring nothing new, Lacoste delivered its usual casual style.

Leigha Taber can be contacted at ltaber@miami.edu.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...