NEWS BRIEFS

Cane Cares teaches you to love the genes you’re in

“Don’t change your genes, change your jeans” is the theme for this year’s Body Image Week (Feb. 22 through 29). Studies suggest 8 billion women want to look like supermodels; however, this goal is usually unfeasible, as there are approximately eight supermodels. Join the Cane Cares Committee for a special screening of the movie Real Women Have Curves on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. at the Learning Center (LC) 110. The Cane Cares Committee will conduct body image screenings at the Rock on Feb. 23, 24 and 26 between 12 and 2 p.m. For more information, contact 305-284-5511.

Preschool seeks donations for Empties4Cash project

UM Canterbury has launched a fundraising project, Empties4Cash. Empty inkjet cartridges can be recycled and remanufactured, and UM Canterbury Preschool will receive $2 for each cartridge turned in. Any cartridge with a print head can be recycled, regardless of brand or type. Send an email to pbochman@miami.edu with the name of your organization or office, contact person and location on campus if you would like to help. A preschool representative will deliver a small collection box decorated by UM Canterbury students. Call 305-284-KIDS, and they will pick up the recycled cartridges when the box is full. Note: Epson cartridges cannot be recycled.

College Republicans host
week of political events

The UM College Republicans will be hosting “Elephant Stampede: A Week in Republican Politics” from Feb. 16- 19. The week will consist of Republican speakers, a panel discussion on US Foreign Policy, Lincoln Penny Drive to benefit veterans, voter registration, and much more. A kickoff “Rally for America” will take place on Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, send an email to umcrclub@umcrnc.org.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...