NEWS BRIEFS

Cane Cares teaches you to love the genes you’re in

“Don’t change your genes, change your jeans” is the theme for this year’s Body Image Week (Feb. 22 through 29). Studies suggest 8 billion women want to look like supermodels; however, this goal is usually unfeasible, as there are approximately eight supermodels. Join the Cane Cares Committee for a special screening of the movie Real Women Have Curves on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. at the Learning Center (LC) 110. The Cane Cares Committee will conduct body image screenings at the Rock on Feb. 23, 24 and 26 between 12 and 2 p.m. For more information, contact 305-284-5511.

Preschool seeks donations for Empties4Cash project

UM Canterbury has launched a fundraising project, Empties4Cash. Empty inkjet cartridges can be recycled and remanufactured, and UM Canterbury Preschool will receive $2 for each cartridge turned in. Any cartridge with a print head can be recycled, regardless of brand or type. Send an email to pbochman@miami.edu with the name of your organization or office, contact person and location on campus if you would like to help. A preschool representative will deliver a small collection box decorated by UM Canterbury students. Call 305-284-KIDS, and they will pick up the recycled cartridges when the box is full. Note: Epson cartridges cannot be recycled.

College Republicans host
week of political events

The UM College Republicans will be hosting “Elephant Stampede: A Week in Republican Politics” from Feb. 16- 19. The week will consist of Republican speakers, a panel discussion on US Foreign Policy, Lincoln Penny Drive to benefit veterans, voter registration, and much more. A kickoff “Rally for America” will take place on Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, send an email to umcrclub@umcrnc.org.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...