NEWS BRIEFS

College Republicans host week of political events
The UM College Republicans will be hosting “Elephant Stampede: A Week in Republican Politics” from Feb. 16-19. The week will consist of Republican speakers, a panel discussion on US Foreign Policy, Lincoln Penny Drive to benefit veterans, voter registration and much more. A kickoff “Rally for America” will take place on Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, email umcrclub@umcrnc.org.

Meet your SG candidates
Meet the candidates and Referenda Sponsors of this year’s Student Government Elections on the UC Patio on February 19 from 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. The vice-presidential debate is on February 17th at the Rat at 7 p.m. and the presidential debate will be held on February 18 at the Rat at 7 p.m.

Library hours extended
In response to requests from students and faculty, the Richter Library will stay open until 10 p.m. on Saturdays during the Spring Semester. Throughout the semester, use will be analyzed to determine whether Saturday hours need to be expanded on a permanent basis. For information about hours over breaks and at other University of Miami Libraries, please see www.library.miami.edu

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...