The Opus Breathing Lessons

After listening to the CD for 10 minutes, without hearing a trace of lyrics or vocals. I began to get worried. It wasn’t until I looked at the brief description that came along with the CD telling me this was “instrumental hip-hop” that I understood what was going on. This was a first for me, and hopefully the last. It’s sad that they locked “themselves in their Chicago studio” to come up with music like this. Since I can only base my opinion of the CD from the production standpoint, the beats are reminiscent of late 80’s, early 90’s hip hop – just the typical drum and bass loop and the addition of a few sound effects of people saying words of another language. I wish I could say that there was a track that stood out to me from Breathing Lessons, but I’m clearly out of breath.

Marcus Washington can be contacted at m.Washington@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...