LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Re: If the battle’s not over, why has feminism died?, 1/27

To the Editor:
I loved Horacio Sierra’s article in The Hurricane and I’m not even a UM student. I have applied to UM, and I read the paper to get an idea of what the student body is like. Your editorial assuaged my fears that all UM students are superficial and think Cosmopolitan, the example you chose, is more important than a textbook.

Gabriela Auon, Omaha, Nebraska

To the Editor:
Horacio, you’re absolutely correct. Our generation of women takes everything for granted and many don’t realize that inequalities between men and women still exist. A large part of the problem is as you said – women think that it’s a choice between standing up for women’s rights or being feminine and sexy, a choice between beauty and brains. For some I think they are simply scared of the consequences of speaking up, even if the consequences are unjust. Your column was also intriguing to me because I recently read a column in the New York Times on the exact same topic.

Jessica Hall

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...