LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Re: If the battle’s not over, why has feminism died?, 1/27

To the Editor:
I loved Horacio Sierra’s article in The Hurricane and I’m not even a UM student. I have applied to UM, and I read the paper to get an idea of what the student body is like. Your editorial assuaged my fears that all UM students are superficial and think Cosmopolitan, the example you chose, is more important than a textbook.

Gabriela Auon, Omaha, Nebraska

To the Editor:
Horacio, you’re absolutely correct. Our generation of women takes everything for granted and many don’t realize that inequalities between men and women still exist. A large part of the problem is as you said – women think that it’s a choice between standing up for women’s rights or being feminine and sexy, a choice between beauty and brains. For some I think they are simply scared of the consequences of speaking up, even if the consequences are unjust. Your column was also intriguing to me because I recently read a column in the New York Times on the exact same topic.

Jessica Hall

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...