NEWS BRIEFS

UM medicine professor named a Local Legend

Marilyn Glassberg Csete, M.D., assistant professor of medicine at the UM School of Medicine, has been selected as a Local Legends award winner for the state of Florida. She is being honored for her commitment and innovation in her chosen field of specialty, pulmonology, and for her contribution to the positive image of women in medicine. All of the Local Legends winners from across the country will be featured in an exhibition called “Changing the Face of Medicine: Celebrating America’s Women Physicians” and on a website dedicated to the project. The winners will also be honored next month during the American Medical Women’s Association’s annual meeting in San Diego.

Hispanic Heritage Month seeking board members

Interested in being involved with Hispanic Heritage Month 2004? Advisor Ms. Nanette Vega, Assistant Director of Multicultural Student Affairs [MSA], is currently accepting applications for the executive board. For more information, please contact MSA at 305-284-2855 or at nvega@miami.edu.

Outstanding seniors sought to be featured in yearbook

The Ibis is still looking for candidates for “Senior Spotlight” features on outstanding seniors in the 2004 yearbook. In order to nominate or apply, pass by the Ibis office, UC 229, and pick up a form. Forms are due in the office by Feb. 13.

Intramurals are back

Start getting your team together for another exciting round of intramural sports. Entries are now being accepted at the Wellness Center for basketball, arena football, flag football, and kickball. If you don’t have a team, then sign up on the free agent roster. To find out more about the intramural program, call Jason Carroll at 305-284-8518.

Wellness classes open

Registration is now open for spring instructional classes at the Wellness Center. Classes are open to both members and non-members. Instruction varies from dance classes to martial arts. You must register in person. For more information, call the Wellness Center at 305-284-5433.

Library hours extended

In response to requests from students and faculty, the Richter Library will stay open until 10 p.m. on Saturdays during the spring semester. Use will be analyzed to determine whether Saturday hours should be expanded permanently. For more information, please see www.library.miami.edu.

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...