NEWS BRIEFS

UM medicine professor named a Local Legend

Marilyn Glassberg Csete, M.D., assistant professor of medicine at the UM School of Medicine, has been selected as a Local Legends award winner for the state of Florida. She is being honored for her commitment and innovation in her chosen field of specialty, pulmonology, and for her contribution to the positive image of women in medicine. All of the Local Legends winners from across the country will be featured in an exhibition called “Changing the Face of Medicine: Celebrating America’s Women Physicians” and on a website dedicated to the project. The winners will also be honored next month during the American Medical Women’s Association’s annual meeting in San Diego.

Hispanic Heritage Month seeking board members

Interested in being involved with Hispanic Heritage Month 2004? Advisor Ms. Nanette Vega, Assistant Director of Multicultural Student Affairs [MSA], is currently accepting applications for the executive board. For more information, please contact MSA at 305-284-2855 or at nvega@miami.edu.

Outstanding seniors sought to be featured in yearbook

The Ibis is still looking for candidates for “Senior Spotlight” features on outstanding seniors in the 2004 yearbook. In order to nominate or apply, pass by the Ibis office, UC 229, and pick up a form. Forms are due in the office by Feb. 13.

Intramurals are back

Start getting your team together for another exciting round of intramural sports. Entries are now being accepted at the Wellness Center for basketball, arena football, flag football, and kickball. If you don’t have a team, then sign up on the free agent roster. To find out more about the intramural program, call Jason Carroll at 305-284-8518.

Wellness classes open

Registration is now open for spring instructional classes at the Wellness Center. Classes are open to both members and non-members. Instruction varies from dance classes to martial arts. You must register in person. For more information, call the Wellness Center at 305-284-5433.

Library hours extended

In response to requests from students and faculty, the Richter Library will stay open until 10 p.m. on Saturdays during the spring semester. Use will be analyzed to determine whether Saturday hours should be expanded permanently. For more information, please see www.library.miami.edu.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...