All right, so calendars, including those used in the lame routine entertainment repertoire of most industries, are really daft, yet extremely advantageous. So now, because this is just the easiest way to get it out there, we are demoralizing the section and inserting a calendar… we’ll regret this in a few weeks when we come to our senses.

Tuesday, Feb. 3 (Today)
I Against the Ropes Screening
AMC Sunset, 7:30 p.m.
~Pick up free screening passes
from our office, UC 221

Wednesday, Feb. 4
I Kill Bill, Vol. I at Cosford
It’s free… no excuse not to watch intently as Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman unfold the first half of an intriguing and gory tale.

Thursday, Feb. 5
I New York Music/Movie Festival
Coconut Grove; opening night events at Coco Walk
I Lowe Down, Lowe Art Museum 6- to 9 p.m.
I And Along Came a Spider, Miami Int’l Film Festival, Cosford, 4 p.m.
I Evil, Miami Int’l Film Festival, Cosford, 7 p.m.
I Winter Music Conference, Nikki Beach, Opening Night Party

Friday, Feb. 6
I Bright Leaves, Miami Int’l Film Festival, Cosford, 4 p.m.
I November, MIFF Cosford, 7 p.m.
I Fab Fest: A Taste of the Beach
Foods – Arts – Beverages
South Beach, Ocean Drive & 7th Street

Saturday, Feb. 7
I Festival of the Arts
Ocean Terrace, North Beach
I Battle of the Bands, Churchill’s Pub
I Bob Marley Festival
$28 & 4 cans of food gets you entrance – Acts such as Julian Marley and India Aire perform

Sunday, Feb. 8
I Festival of the Arts
Ocean Terrace, North Beach
I A Letter To True, MIFF, Cosford, 4 p.m.
I Broken Wings, MIFF, Cosford, 7 p.m.
I Grammy Awards

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

We are seeing another sign of a football program’s growing strength and maturation as Mark Richt unf ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

Freshman Daniel Federman will look to make it wins in two straight starts when the Miami Hurricanes ...

The Hurricanes opened spring practice on Tuesday, officially beginning preparations for the 2018 sea ...

University of Miami men's tennis senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were named ...

For the second week in a row, Estela Perez-Somarriba and Ulyana Shirokova of the Miami women's ...

After just one match together, freshman Adria Soriano and senior Christian Langmo earned a top-50 ra ...