LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

Ben Minkus has failed readers of The Hurricane. His failure to research his article demonstrates a lack of journalistic integrity. I know his facts are wrong because I intern for the Marketing Department of Global Spectrum (the management company for the Convocation Center), so I have accurate knowledge as to how things work.

“[The] Convocation Center events committee has absolutely no idea what it’s doing.” No, Mr. Minkus, that would be you. No such thing as a “Convocation Center Events Committee” exists. The Convocation Center works with third party promoters who rent the arena, and thereby take the risk on the success of the event. It is presumptuous of Mr. Minkus to assume that since he does not like Good Charlotte, all other college students are not fans. It is also na

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...