LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

Ben Minkus has failed readers of The Hurricane. His failure to research his article demonstrates a lack of journalistic integrity. I know his facts are wrong because I intern for the Marketing Department of Global Spectrum (the management company for the Convocation Center), so I have accurate knowledge as to how things work.

“[The] Convocation Center events committee has absolutely no idea what it’s doing.” No, Mr. Minkus, that would be you. No such thing as a “Convocation Center Events Committee” exists. The Convocation Center works with third party promoters who rent the arena, and thereby take the risk on the success of the event. It is presumptuous of Mr. Minkus to assume that since he does not like Good Charlotte, all other college students are not fans. It is also na

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...