LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

Ben Minkus has failed readers of The Hurricane. His failure to research his article demonstrates a lack of journalistic integrity. I know his facts are wrong because I intern for the Marketing Department of Global Spectrum (the management company for the Convocation Center), so I have accurate knowledge as to how things work.

“[The] Convocation Center events committee has absolutely no idea what it’s doing.” No, Mr. Minkus, that would be you. No such thing as a “Convocation Center Events Committee” exists. The Convocation Center works with third party promoters who rent the arena, and thereby take the risk on the success of the event. It is presumptuous of Mr. Minkus to assume that since he does not like Good Charlotte, all other college students are not fans. It is also na

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...