LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

Ben Minkus has failed readers of The Hurricane. His failure to research his article demonstrates a lack of journalistic integrity. I know his facts are wrong because I intern for the Marketing Department of Global Spectrum (the management company for the Convocation Center), so I have accurate knowledge as to how things work.

“[The] Convocation Center events committee has absolutely no idea what it’s doing.” No, Mr. Minkus, that would be you. No such thing as a “Convocation Center Events Committee” exists. The Convocation Center works with third party promoters who rent the arena, and thereby take the risk on the success of the event. It is presumptuous of Mr. Minkus to assume that since he does not like Good Charlotte, all other college students are not fans. It is also na

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...