THE EXPERTS SAY . . .

This week’s topic: FITNESS

Want to get in shape for the new year?

10 things to keep in mind:

1. Start easy and move up.
2. Eat sensible meals every three to four hours.
3. Stretch!
4. Work out with friends.
5. Do cardiovascular exercise for 30 minutes to an hour every other day.
6. Lift weights on non-cardio days.
7. Celebrate small successes.
8. Take a day off every once in a while.
9. Take front, back and side pics of
yourself once a month to keep
track of your progress.
10. Keep a journal or calendar of daily exercise activities and calorie intake.
Upcoming programs:

The Wellness Center will be launching its ‘Cane Quick Fit Challenge.
This program provides a comprehensive fitness program plus encourages proper nutrition. Watch for materials on campus describing the program.
The Wellness Center also offers a fitness room, fitness classes, intramural and club sports, racquetball courts, indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and much more. Get in some extra activity by walking to class or around the new walking trail.
The Wellness Center also offers nutrition consultants and personal trainers.

For more information on these programs, please contact the Wellness Center at 305-284-LIFE.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...