THE BLUE ONE, OR THE PINK? Follow us to a tee party

Deluz Designs, meaning “from light” in Spanish, named for a previous business venture, debuted their hot tees this past week in Miami’s own Design District. Deluz hosted a sexy tee party on Wednesday the 21st from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., promising a good time with music and drinks. But promises need not be made as the line of tees spoke for themselves. Climbing the stairs to loft 302 the beats could be heard before entering the door, along with the low hum of people conversing, drowning out the sound of the rain outside and the expectations lingering in the back of minds. Inside, the shirts were displayed modestly on sawhorses, a clothesline, a paint splashed ladder, and numerous tables of raw lumber. Gillian, creator and designer of the tees created a slew of shirts in about four days, previous to the debut party, proving her creative genius. Moving from Chicago one year ago, Gillian and partner Eric, a phenomenal mosaic artist, say that they “like to intertwine all their skills.” Some of Eric’s mosaic designs, particularly the sexy and demure silhouette of a dancing girl appear on the tees, printed squarely on tie dyed tank tops ranging in colors from teal to gray. The shirts covered a range of fabrics and designs, catering to the wide clientele. Specifically aimed towards women, the shirts were mostly love themed, although one long sleeved shirt with slit sleeves proudly stated, “Why be a rock and not a roll?” Some of the other favorites were a red velvet top, a yellow cap sleeve tee with a brown dump-trunk print, and cotton tees with prints of vintage cars and sayings of besos (kisses) and amor (love). Not to be left out boys white cotton tees hung on the side, decorated with brown prints of vintage cars and machinery. For now the tees will be displayed in the loft, Gillian and Eric’s work and living space. Shirts ran from about $25 to $50, with most resting in the $27 to $35 range, extremely affordable for attaining one of these masterpieces of fashion. Deluz Designs can be contacted at 305-576-1755 and is located in downtown Miami. Fall in love with these sexy tees and make a statement that no one will be able to resist staring at.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Sea Secrets: Acclaimed Journalist Talks Sea Level-Rise ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...