POLICE BEAT: Keep track of cell phone

SAFETY TIP OF THE WEEK
The best way to prevent the loss or theft of your cell phone is to keep it with you at all times. If you find that your cell phone is lost or stolen while you are on the Coral Gables campus you must have the following information before a police report can be filed:
The name of your cellular service provider,
The Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of your cellular phone,
The make and model of your cellular phone.
Without this information an officer will not be allowed to write a report for you.
Once you have gathered all of this information call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 to file a report. If you are on campus, an officer will be sent to your location. If you are off campus, you will be directed to the Department of Public Safety offices.

TUESDAY JANUARY 13

11:33 a.m.
1216 Dickinson Dr.
Criminal Mischief

5:33 p.m.
1365 Memorial Dr.
Theft

FRIDAY JANUARY 16

1:55 p.m.
1311 Miller Dr.
Grand Theft

2:57 p.m.
1239 Dickinson Dr.
Petit Theft
SATURDAY JANUARY 17

11:12 a.m.
5600 Merrick St.
Petit Theft

6:01 p.m.
6000 San Amaro Dr.
Burglary

TUESDAY JANUARY 20

6:21 p.m.
1306 Stanford Dr.
Theft

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 305-284-6666.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...