NEWS BRIEFS

Nominees sought for Foote student leadership award

Nominate a senior with an outstanding academic and leadership record for the prestigious 2004 Edward T. Foote Award for Excellence in Student Leadership. Nomination information can be found by visiting www.miami.edu/leadership or by calling 305-284-6399.

Organization photos ending

Organization photos for the Ibis Yearbook will be taken for the last time the week of Jan. 26 through 30 from 6:45 to 11 p.m. in Mahoney/Pearson Room 103. To confirm a date and time for your organization to have its picture taken, please e-mail the Ibis Yearbook at ibiseditor@hotmail.com. You can also contact Tiffany at 305-284-6385 to schedule an appointment.

2003 yearbooks are here

The 2003 Ibis Yearbook is finally here! Have your 2004 picture taken now to get your 2003 yearbook a week early. If you have had your photo taken already, you can pick up your 2003 yearbook at this time. Underclassmen photos will be taken from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., and senior portraits from 4 – 6 p.m. on Jan. 26-30 in the UC Lounge. For more information, contact the Ibis Yearbook at 305-284-6385.

Quantum holds auditions for ‘West Side Story’

Love acting? Have talent? Then come down to the UC Ballrooms (second floor) from Feb. 3-6 between 5 and 8 p.m. and audition for Quantum Entertainment’s production of West Side Story. Prepare a one-minute, serio-comic monologue and 16 bars from a musical that best shows off your voice. Walk-ins are welcome during any of the hours listed, or reserve an audition appointment by sending an e-mail to WESTSIDECASTING@yahoo.com or call 305-284-4606. Appointments are six minutes in length. Dance auditions are held at 9 p.m. each night.

St. Jude’s seeks volunteers

Up Till Dawn is looking for people who are willing to help raise money for a great cause. St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital is a non-profit organization that treats children with life-threatening illnesses at no cost to the family. They also do research to find cures for these illnesses. If in fact they find a cure or breakthrough, they share it nation-wide free of cost. St. Jude’s is a hospital dedicated to making sure that no child is unable to receive treatment. If you or your organization would like help in this effort to raise money for the hospital, contact VSC at 305-284-GIVE.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...