-EDGE: A fresh perspective on vice city

As a thriving and bustling metropolis Miami is known throughout the world for its chaotic and exhilarating nightlife, Latin infused culture, and classic silicone tits and palm trees. But behind the neon lights and all the overplayed hype, Miami is more than just Vice City, bare of all the fluff of what the world deems as this cities “culture.” Check out Miami’s hidden hot spots and judge for yourself:

G1556

1556 Washington Ave. South Beach

This hip boutique makes a fashion statement of its own. After its first month Miami debut, G1556 is already turning heads. Tees of “I fucked Paris Hilton” and “Save Michael” pose next to trucker hats of Von Bitch: hilarious playoffs of already mainstream controversies are its main squeeze. The space also features funky jewelry, purses, and skirts and showcases different local artists monthly in what’s known as the Full Moon Parties. Pass by on a full moon to shop and mingle alongside artists and fashionistas alike. But until then, drop in and make a statement of your own.

Tite Bite 1446 Washington Ave. South Beach

This tiny caf

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...