NEWS BRIEFS

Pick up 2004 regalia

Don’t forget to pick up your cap and gown for Commencement 2003. Candidates participating in the upcoming Fall 2003 combined undergraduate and graduate ceremonies may pick up their cap and gown at the Toppel Career Center in the UC on Dec. 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Dec. 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Dec. 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Regalia will not be distributed on commencement day. For more information, call 305-284-5451. Students should arrive at the Graduate line up tent at the Convocation Center one hour prior to the start of each ceremony. For more information, visit www.miami.edu/commencement.

UBS announces Ball

It’s time to start planning for the United Black Students’ 2004 Royal Heritage Ball “La fete au Bayou” at 8 p.m. on Feb. 28 at the Miami Airport Marriott. Tickets are $20 and are can be purchased from an event representative or in the UBS office until Dec. 15.
Last call for Ibis

Organization photos for the Ibis yearbook will be taken for the last time the week of Jan. 26 through Jan. 30 from 6:45 p.m. to 11 p.m. Please contact Tiffany at ibiseditor@hotmail.com to schedule an appointment for your organization.
Drycleaner comes to StormSurge Cafe

The University Center is pleased to announce a new service for students and the UM community. “Go Orange and Green Cleaners”, located near the StormSurge Cafe, provides dry cleaning and fold-and-wash laundry services. If you are pressed for time, just drop off your clothes one day and pick them up the next. The UC welcomes this new addition to our facility!
Book Club kicks off

The book club is back! Are you looking for some reading material to entertain you over break? Then pick up your copy of the first book club book of the Center for Women’s and Men’s Resources (formerly the Women’s Resource Center, so now you men have no excuse not to feel welcome!) The first book is All True Travels & Adventures of Lidie Newton by Jane Smiley. Books will be distributed beginning Dec. 5 in room UC 236 and will be available until Dec. 10. Reading dates are over the break, and the dinner/discussion will be held Jan. 27 at 6 p.m. at a location TBA. A $5 cost at sign-up includes the price of the book, as well as the dinner. If you can’t make this one, make sure you catch the next novel in the spring!

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...