L&A QUALITY SMACK REHAB

Life & Art Editor

THE FOLLOW-UP

So, yeah, the last newspaper of the semester hits newsstands and the Web on December 5. Look for t-h-e follow-up then, when “solid” answers will have developed. As readers of this publication, it is my belief (and perhaps L&A’s only) that you deserve to know what is going on. Thank you for the support (even if you disagree – all that is needed here is more communication). It all goes onto an equal and open field for the better.

AWAITING THE FOLLOW-UP

So, yeah, umm…now what? Do I diss the ever-caught-in-a-trap-of-odd-smugness Mike Myers for making The Cat in the Hat?

HEAVENQUEST DSV

So, yeah…word, Jonathan Brandis is dead-at-27. During times like this I wonder why in the hell I wasted a handful of hours watching “SeaQuest DSV” instead of learning a second language. And, The Neverending Story 2 – well, remember when hearing the title did a number on you? Try being in that thing. RIP dude.

RICH GIRL

So, yeah, g-r-e-a-t, Ally Hilfiger was at Revolver recently. So, yeah, like, yeah, like, yeah, like…

EAVESDROPPING & “GIRLS ON FILM”

So, yeah, this is when you eavesdrop on the young girls and boys at UM saying stuff like, “I can’t believe Christmas is so close because it is so warm.” (Douse in enthusiasm, a little laughter, and follow with sips from Cokes at the food court.)

But, really, it can be quite strange, like driving past trick-or-treaters in 80* weather. Ben Minkus’ opinion column (and coinciding photo) better explained this realization in the last issue – a well-written dose of optimism within a documentation of badness and frustration – thanks for the sanity man.

If you need a little rehab during finals, when those up-stairs-down-stairs dorm flings get snuffed out, when the ‘rents’ aren’t sending pre-flight cash (bastards): Duran Duran (seriously) is the answer. Download “To the Shore” or go cop their first album, it looks like (see image) and will put snowflakes on your palm trees and then melt them away in sunny South Beach full-on glee.

ANTE-ING UP

Ante-ing up.

Hunter Stephenson can be reached at Huntlaed@hotmail.com.

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...

Ranked and seeded third, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team tallied a 6-3, ...

The Hurricanes will be in action at the 2018 NCAA East Preliminary, scheduled for May 24-26 at the U ...

Hurricanes' programs post strong APR marks once again. ...

No. 7 seed Hurricanes staged a late comeback to win their opening game at the 2018 ACC Championship, ...