L&A QUALITY SMACK REHAB

Life & Art Editor

THE FOLLOW-UP

So, yeah, the last newspaper of the semester hits newsstands and the Web on December 5. Look for t-h-e follow-up then, when “solid” answers will have developed. As readers of this publication, it is my belief (and perhaps L&A’s only) that you deserve to know what is going on. Thank you for the support (even if you disagree – all that is needed here is more communication). It all goes onto an equal and open field for the better.

AWAITING THE FOLLOW-UP

So, yeah, umm…now what? Do I diss the ever-caught-in-a-trap-of-odd-smugness Mike Myers for making The Cat in the Hat?

HEAVENQUEST DSV

So, yeah…word, Jonathan Brandis is dead-at-27. During times like this I wonder why in the hell I wasted a handful of hours watching “SeaQuest DSV” instead of learning a second language. And, The Neverending Story 2 – well, remember when hearing the title did a number on you? Try being in that thing. RIP dude.

RICH GIRL

So, yeah, g-r-e-a-t, Ally Hilfiger was at Revolver recently. So, yeah, like, yeah, like, yeah, like…

EAVESDROPPING & “GIRLS ON FILM”

So, yeah, this is when you eavesdrop on the young girls and boys at UM saying stuff like, “I can’t believe Christmas is so close because it is so warm.” (Douse in enthusiasm, a little laughter, and follow with sips from Cokes at the food court.)

But, really, it can be quite strange, like driving past trick-or-treaters in 80* weather. Ben Minkus’ opinion column (and coinciding photo) better explained this realization in the last issue – a well-written dose of optimism within a documentation of badness and frustration – thanks for the sanity man.

If you need a little rehab during finals, when those up-stairs-down-stairs dorm flings get snuffed out, when the ‘rents’ aren’t sending pre-flight cash (bastards): Duran Duran (seriously) is the answer. Download “To the Shore” or go cop their first album, it looks like (see image) and will put snowflakes on your palm trees and then melt them away in sunny South Beach full-on glee.

ANTE-ING UP

Ante-ing up.

Hunter Stephenson can be reached at Huntlaed@hotmail.com.

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...