WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY: DO YOU KNOW WHO IS?

Well, well, well…something tells me we’re not liked around here. Livid and malevolent censurers clandestinely waft in the air.

PROTEST is the word of the day, if you please.

And so the negations of the FTAA (Free Trade Area of the Americas, for those oblivious to the hype) have almost expired here in Miami, yes, dichotomous sides battling it out, riot police in the streets downtown, many stores told by law enforcement not to sell any gas masks to anyone “who looks like a protester.”

Since Monday morning, photographer Al Crespo – freelancer for the Associated Press – has been rat racing with the media through the city to find protesters and capture them on camera. Last Saturday, he opened a brief-standing show of prints for sale in a silent auction at a space downtown called Inlife (check the “Eye Filler” on p. 15 to see what else happened there).

Through slicing snapped shots and a revealing lens, Crespo swiftly immobilizes pictures of people in demonstration from 1997 to 2001 and then, with spirited

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...