POLICE BEAT: Keep cellulars close by to avoid theft

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 12
8:45 a.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Criminal Mischief
1:35 p.m. 5200 University Dr. Burglary

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 13

2:13 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr
Petit Theft
4:04 p.m. 1200 Walsh Ave. Burglary/ Vehicle

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 14

10:37 a.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Petit Theft
10:39 p.m. 1228 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 15

4:01 a.m. 5639 Merrick St. Petit Theft
10:12 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 16
10:04 p.m. 1550 Brescia Ave. Theft
11:09 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
6:44 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief

MONDAY NOVEMBER 17

1:40 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
4:45 p.m. 1550 Brescia Ave. Grand Theft
11:49 p.m. 1200 Walsh Ave. Battery

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 18

4:54 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Theft
10:20 p.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Criminal Mischief

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

SAFETY TIP OF THE WEEK

The best way to prevent the loss or theft of your cell phone is to keep it with you at all times. If you find that your cell phone is lost or stolen while you are on the Coral Gables campus you must have the following information before a police report can be filed: the name of your cellular service provider, the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of your cellular phone, and the make and model of your cellular phone. Without this information an officer will not be allowed to write a report for you.
Once you have gathered all of this information call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 to file a report. If you are on campus an officer will be sent to your location. If you are off campus, you will be directed to the Department of Public Safety offices.

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...