BASKETBALL ’03-’04 STARTING LINEUP

YALONDA McCormick
POSITION: Point Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 8 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL
McCormick is expected to make a major impact at the point guard position. She was one of the most valuable players on the team last season, averaging 10.2 points and 3.2 rebounds a game.

MELISSA Knight
POSITION: Shooting Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 11 inches
HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA
Knight emerged as a three-point shooting threat last season, and her stingy defense earned her more playing time down the stretch. Knight averaged 6.6 points a game as a sophomore.

TAMARA James
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches
HOMETOWN: Dania, FL
James was one of the biggest surprises in the Big East last season, averaging 21 points and 7.9 rebounds a game. She is expected to compete with Connecticut’s Diana Taurasi for the Big East Player of the Year Award. James earned Preseason All-America Honorable Mention honors earlier this month.

CHANIVIA Broussard
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 6 feet 0 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL

Broussard will be one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes after averaging 9.4 points and 4.3 rebounds a game as a junior. She was named to the All-Big East second team as a sophomore, and led the team in scoring as a freshman.

SHAQUANA Wilkins
POSITION: Center
HEIGHT: 6 feet 2 inches
HOMETOWN: Plymouth, FL

Wilkins will be counted on for leadership, rebounding, defense, and timely scoring after contributing throughout her first three seasons. As a junior last season, Wilkins averaged 8.5 points and 6.0 rebounds, starting every game for the Hurricanes.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...