BASKETBALL ’03-’04 STARTING LINEUP

YALONDA McCormick
POSITION: Point Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 8 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL
McCormick is expected to make a major impact at the point guard position. She was one of the most valuable players on the team last season, averaging 10.2 points and 3.2 rebounds a game.

MELISSA Knight
POSITION: Shooting Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 11 inches
HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA
Knight emerged as a three-point shooting threat last season, and her stingy defense earned her more playing time down the stretch. Knight averaged 6.6 points a game as a sophomore.

TAMARA James
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches
HOMETOWN: Dania, FL
James was one of the biggest surprises in the Big East last season, averaging 21 points and 7.9 rebounds a game. She is expected to compete with Connecticut’s Diana Taurasi for the Big East Player of the Year Award. James earned Preseason All-America Honorable Mention honors earlier this month.

CHANIVIA Broussard
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 6 feet 0 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL

Broussard will be one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes after averaging 9.4 points and 4.3 rebounds a game as a junior. She was named to the All-Big East second team as a sophomore, and led the team in scoring as a freshman.

SHAQUANA Wilkins
POSITION: Center
HEIGHT: 6 feet 2 inches
HOMETOWN: Plymouth, FL

Wilkins will be counted on for leadership, rebounding, defense, and timely scoring after contributing throughout her first three seasons. As a junior last season, Wilkins averaged 8.5 points and 6.0 rebounds, starting every game for the Hurricanes.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...