BASKETBALL ’03-’04 STARTING LINEUP

YALONDA McCormick
POSITION: Point Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 8 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL
McCormick is expected to make a major impact at the point guard position. She was one of the most valuable players on the team last season, averaging 10.2 points and 3.2 rebounds a game.

MELISSA Knight
POSITION: Shooting Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 11 inches
HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA
Knight emerged as a three-point shooting threat last season, and her stingy defense earned her more playing time down the stretch. Knight averaged 6.6 points a game as a sophomore.

TAMARA James
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches
HOMETOWN: Dania, FL
James was one of the biggest surprises in the Big East last season, averaging 21 points and 7.9 rebounds a game. She is expected to compete with Connecticut’s Diana Taurasi for the Big East Player of the Year Award. James earned Preseason All-America Honorable Mention honors earlier this month.

CHANIVIA Broussard
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 6 feet 0 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL

Broussard will be one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes after averaging 9.4 points and 4.3 rebounds a game as a junior. She was named to the All-Big East second team as a sophomore, and led the team in scoring as a freshman.

SHAQUANA Wilkins
POSITION: Center
HEIGHT: 6 feet 2 inches
HOMETOWN: Plymouth, FL

Wilkins will be counted on for leadership, rebounding, defense, and timely scoring after contributing throughout her first three seasons. As a junior last season, Wilkins averaged 8.5 points and 6.0 rebounds, starting every game for the Hurricanes.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...